This update relates to the non-student Accounts Receivables, CAPS, Cash Management, Chart of Accounts, CSMA, Financials, Grants Management, Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense, and User Security folders.
OBI "By the Numbers" for July 2018
- 99.1%: Percentage of queries that completed in 1 minute or under
- 1,395: Number of distinct users in OBI for ALL subject areas
264,441: Number of distinct requests made in ALL subject areas (up ~60,000 queries since June!)
- The "Transaction Listing All" dashboard alone continues to make up half of all the requests at the university (130,211 requests)
Monthly OBI Release
The next monthly OBI release will begin on Thursday, August 30th at 6 p.m. All changes will be implemented and the release complete by 9 a.m. on Friday, August 31st. Check out the newly updated OBI 3 Month Release Plan and Backlog wiki page for details of the dashboard changes in this release.
Update on Service Unavailable Error Messages
OBI users of the non-student Accounts Receivables, CAPS, Cash Management, Chart of Accounts, CSMA, Financials, Grants Management, Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense, and User Security folders have been receiving Service Unavailable messages. Data Management Services (DMS) continues to work with Oracle to identify the root cause and to resolve the issue. DMS made a configuration change on the evening of Wednesday, August 8th which will reduce the number of errors received over the next month.
Quick Tip: Options to Enter a Range of Values into a Prompt
To summarize your choices:
Option 1-Type values using the semicolon between each value. Do not enter spaces between values.
Option 2: Select values from the Prompt drop down. Note that you will only see a limited number of chart segment choices from the drop down.
Option 3: Use the More/Search function. This function allows you to search for values, select a range, select a noncontiguous range, etc.
The video will show you how to use the Chart Hierarchy dashboard to generate an Excel list of values.
Additional Resources for OBI
- The OBI dashboards are supported by readily accessible online simulations and job aids on the OBI wiki pages.
- After this month, OBI Drop-In Hours are held quarterly. Visit the OBI Training Calendar for links to register and to access the WebEx Session.
- For questions or concerns regarding OBI, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For requests for enchancements to OBI, please email:email@example.com.