Special note: eNews readers are asked to please share this information, as appropriate, with faculty and staff in their respective areas.
What is happening?
PeopleSoft is being upgraded to stay current with the latest version of the software (called 9.2), move it to “the cloud”, and take advantage of friendlier, mobile-enabled navigation for easier use on smart phones and tablets. The look and feel on the home page when you log in will be significantly different as shown here. When you drill down, the pages you use to perform tasks will be very similar or identical to the ones you use now.
The cutover begins at 5:00 PM on Thursday, March 30, with a transactional system outage that will continue until the upgraded system goes live on 8:00 AM on Monday, April 3. During the outage, information and transactions cannot be processed; however, a “read-only” version of PeopleSoft will be available to view and print information including paychecks and W-2s so as not to interfere with tax preparation. For staff, this table lays out the key deadlines for time and absence reporting and approval.
Who is affected?
All Harvard faculty and staff who use PeopleSoft, the University HR system to view paychecks, make benefits elections each fall, report time and absences, participate in performance management, and process payroll and HR transactions, will be affected.
What do I need to do now?
- Watch a brief presentation on YouTube about what’s changing in PeopleSoft.
- Staff members and their managers should complete goal-setting for FY17 online in PeopleSoft ePerformance before the upgrade.
What do I need to do when PeopleSoft 9.2 goes live?
The first time you log in, you will need to clear your browser’s cache and disable the pop-up blocker for PeopleSoft.
How can I learn more?
- For more information on the upgrade and what’s changing: http://hr.harvard.edu/psupgrade
- For PeopleSoft “how to” training and support materials: https://trainingportal.harvard.edu (Harvard Key required)
- To obtain a duplicate 2016 W-2 form if you have misplaced the one mailed to you by Harvard: http://oc.finance.harvard.edu/how-to/central-payroll/order-copy-your-w-2
- Contact local HR at http://hr.harvard.edu/local-human-resources-offices
- Contact the HUIT Service Desk at email@example.com or 5-7777