This July, Harvard will implement the Harvard Training Portal, a replacement for three major compliance/staff training systems: Eureka (online courses, job aids), the EH&S Training Management System, and the PeopleSoft Training Registration module.
Below is a copy of the initial broadcast announcement, which was emailed on May 10 to individuals who accessed those systems over the past year. For more information, please visit http://www.trainingportal.harvard.edu.
The Harvard Training Portal is coming in July!
The Harvard Training Portal will enable you to access and track all of your Harvard professional learning in one single place.
Why a new training system?
- Improve ease of use and accessibility: intuitive browsing and course registration.
- Increase compliance with tracking and reporting for all regulatory and required training, university-wide.
- Consolidate several training systems into one university-wide system.
What existing systems will it replace?
- EH&S’ Training Management System – for Environmental Health & Safety and Lab Safety courses
- PeopleSoft – for training class registrations for Staff
- Eureka – for workplace development, applications courses (PeopleSoft, Oracle) and University policy courses
The Harvard Training Portal will include all your prior training history from these systems, as well as courses that were already assigned to you.
Who can use the new system and how?
- Anyone who needs to register for and track professional learning and/or required training for their job or their access to Harvard facilities.
- Nearly 90,000 users, including: faculty members, students, staff, and other persons of interest and affiliates.
- You will need a HarvardKey to login.
What courses will be available and when?
- In July – over 300 courses including: Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) classes, compliance and regulatory courses, Title IX, IT Academy courses, all courses offered through the Center for Workplace Development (CWD), select courses from Lynda.com, Harvard ManageMentor, and more.
- note: Lynda users will still have access to the full course catalog through Lynda.harvard.edu.
- Starting in the fall of 2016 – select CITI and AALAS courses for research compliance training.
- Starting in July 2016 and into 2017 – many local training courses offered by your school.
Where can I get more information?
We will send another update in June ahead of the launch in July. To sign up for our newsletter, take a tour of the Harvard Training Portal, and for more information, please refer to the project website: http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/stafflms/home. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions and please forward this email to anyone who you think might be interested.
Isabelle Modiano (HHR), Bill Ganzenmuller (CWD), Will Tonery (EH&S)
Marilyn Hausammann, Ara Tahmassian, Pam Caudill, Melissa Brown